Thursday, April 3, 2014

A cloud in a cup!

My first graders have been learning all about the water cycle. They especially loved our cloud activities! I've been seeing this activity all over Pinterest & I finally tried it, it was so much fun! 
Everyone filled their plastic cups  with water and then they predicted what would happen if we added colored water on top of shaving cream "clouds". We talked about how water evaporates and then condenses into clouds. When clouds become too full, it rains! This was such a fun cloud model - my students used pipettes to drop colored water on top of their clouds until the clouds were so full, they rained a rainbow down into the water.


This & other weather related activities can be found in my What's the Forecast? packet:

4 comments :

  1. What a fun, learning activity to do with kids! My two boys would LOVE this!!!

    www.appledapplepancakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun and makes a great visual of the water cycle for your young learners. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this activity!! What do you do if you finish an activity with a class earlier than expected? I realize there are always ways to extend an activity, but do you have things available if a class just "gets it" and you don't have a backup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! If it's just one or two students who finish early, I have fun brainteaser activities in my classroom that they're welcome to do. I also have a Discovery Table which is a "Please Touch" table that they can explore. If the whole class finishes early, we just move right on to the next lesson plan one day in advance!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover