Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Monsters, Magnets, & Fun!

I just uploaded my fun monster magnet packet - my kindergarteners LOVE doing these activities!
 This week they helped the little monsters fly kites using magnetism. I challenge my kids to see if they can make the kite fly without touching the magnet at all - it takes a few tries but they can do it!







Then we let our monsters Go Fishing! We use magnetic "fishing poles" & fish for letters:


Next week we'll do the Monster Banana Maze- using magnets to lead the monsters to their favorite snack, then we'll do a magnetic or not sorting activity using real objects, go on a magnetic scavenger hunt hunting for iron-containing materials all over our Science Center and last - magnetic monster races uses properties of magnets to repel the monsters to a party! All activities can be found here at my TpT store
I'm giving away 3 copies of this packet - just leave me your email address below & tomorrow I'll let the random number generator pick 3 winners!

Congratulations Scrambled Fruit, Young PK Teacher, & Erin May!

17 comments :

  1. Love, love this…….so much fun! patwhiteland @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! owlwaysfirstgrade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...my kids would love it!
    scrambledhenfruit(at)gmail(dot)com
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!
    -Andrea
    alwayskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to use this with my class!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little guy and all of your ideas you post!

    Allison from www.a1stgradeteacher.com
    achlebowski@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the monster theme. Also, that was a cute way to hide the kid's faces in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, forgot to leave email - youngprekteacher@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I wish I wish asbishop@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just as I'm getting ready to do magnets this appears. Thank You!
    tlloomis@interact.ccsd.net or terry2449@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Can't wait to try it out~ erinmay3229@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds very cool! I love the monsters and would be interested in this for my forces unit! dianedaly@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We experimented with magnets this week. I could have used these fun activities.
    Pam.Koller@k12.sd.us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love teaching magnets and this would be an awesome addition to my unit!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher
    hoffman.rebecca@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea. We just finished with 4th grade FOSS, and did the skater and cars, but to take it off the paper and make it fly is great! Love the idea! Happy Friday!

    Renee at the Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops...email address...rheinric@wausauschools.org :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover